Monday, January 11, 2010

you should really try this

This pumpkin pie is the best I've ever had, seriously. It was so good I made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Recipe found here.
What makes it taste so good? I think it's the little fact that it has cream cheese in it. Oh, and it is absolutely a must to make the homemade whip cream variety and to really slather it on there, yummmm!
Next holiday you should think about trying it, you will never go back. I promise.



and whilst I was on my pumpkin pie baking adventure, I cracked two eggs in a row with double yolks. How weird is that? But not as weird as this.

and this recipe, is a brownie pudding cake. I've had this for a while and I don't want to write down the recipe (but if you have Steph's cookbook from last year, it is in there), but this recipe is almost exactly the same but looks even better.
What I love about it is that you pour a boiling hot chocolate/water concoction over a thick brownie-ish batter and it seriously magically ends up with all the ooey, gooey, puddingy chocolate on the bottom and the cake on the top.
It's better after it sits for a while (but eat it while it's still warm) and with vanilla bean ice cream. It is good cold too, which is a serving suggestion.

on thing though, is that I always add a lot more cocoa than it calls for. I feel like it is too bland without it.

and just for the record, our friends brought us some Alaskan salmon (smoked style) back from a trip for Chad's bday way back in July. It's sorta like beef jerky but more moist, and although I totally thought it would be nasty, it tastes really good. Especially on a bed of mixed greens with Asian dressing. That was our most unexpectedly delicious dinner tonight.

5 comments:

liko said...

what a yummy post! those are seriously a LOT of pies!!

and a whole carton of double-yoke eggs?? too weird!!

Kim's just sayin' said...

that pie really was DELICIOUS!

Stephanie said...

i've been meaning to make that and now i just have to!! thanks :)

Koren Crosby said...

Would you email me the pumpkin pie recipe, that sounds good.

Jana and Rob said...

The one time I cracked an egg with a double yolk it grossed me out and I couldn't look at it.