Monday, April 26, 2010

recipe and quilt

Some people asked how I made the "bird's nest" for easter morning breakfast, so I am posting the recipe. It is super simple this is what I did (I got the idea from Parent's magazine but changed it just a bit):
use as many pieces of bread as you want bird's nests. cut off the crust, flatten each piece by rolling them with a rolling pin.
spray one side with pam, mold each piece to fit into a the muffin tins (also sprayed with Pam).

Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes until golden brown/toasty looking.

In the meantime make your scrambled eggs, any way you like them. It's also a good idea to add ham or bacon to them, my meat loving daughter loved that part. I made one scrambled egg per nest and there was lots of left overs. I bet it's more like 3/4's of an egg per nest, so make less eggs than you have nests.

When the nests are nice and toasty add the eggs and serve! Thats it, super easy, little clean up, portable too, and kids love them (well my kid did)!

And here is a quilt I made for the baby a while back. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to, but I have left over fabric so i am going to make another one. I have made a couple of other things for the baby as well, but this is my first real quilt that I did all by myself (I'm a big kid now!). So it's the only thing I have pictures of, if you want a good laugh click enlarge! It looks like a five year old made this! haha especially the embroidery part (where you will discover top secret information, like his name)





10 comments:

Chad Crosby said...

Imho, only a crafty, smarty, funny, and good-lookin' pregnant wife could design and quilt so awesome a blanket.

And make such a tasty breakfast too...! <3

lizzie said...

Awesome quilt. Great work.

echo said...

the quilt looks great!!!

Stephanie said...

those little nests are so clever and I AM DYING OVER THAT QUILT!!! and that was your first one???? you are awesome. GREAT WORK!

.Ang. said...

That is such a fun (EASY) breakfast Idea!

and that quilt is AMAZING!! I love the fabric and I love how you quilted it!

I agree with Stephanie! You are Awesome!

terri said...

Moo love them and love you!

liko said...

um, you're a liar. a five year old couldn't have made that. neither can i!!
that quilt is awesome!!
teach me. please. (did you use a walking foot?? i.want.one.)
oh, and it was nice seeing you and miss kaiya today.
let's make a romper-making date!!

Anonymous said...

that quilt is so awesome! I cant wait until next week when i finally have some time to get back to my poor lonely sewing machine! You ave got A LOT of talent!!!

Kim's just sayin' said...

the pictures of the quilt don't really do it justice. It's so much more awesome in real life and Little Noah is going to LOVE it. Seriously, I LOVE the colors, the fabric, and well everything about it.

ashley said...

umm, you did great. seriously, it looks great and i want to come see it in real life! and i am ready to make the other one anytime, maybe some night next week would be good to get started, cause you remember what happened when we tried to sew something with the little ladies around... didn't really get much done!
so, next week it is! how fun!