Saturday, August 28, 2010

Boundries

I have so much to blog about:

Our lovely move to the good ol UT
Noah's two month stats (now that he's almost three months) He was 14.3 pds at a week earlier than two months, and 24 inches long
The fact that Noah rolled over yesterday and he just started to laugh and smile!
Kaiyas awesome rainbow birthday party she had with Lili
The fact that kaiya rode a sheep and caught a greased pig at a rodeo! where else can you do that?

But all of those things will have to wait a little while longer, I have lost my camera cord and now i wont have the Internet for a week or so...

But for now here is a story that encompasess all aspects of Kaiyas unique personality:

Kaiya was taking a shower singing and enjoying herself when all of the sudden she starts screaming, a blood curdling scream. I got to my feet and ran as fast as I could to the shower, when i got there there was blood running down her body starting from her finger. I pulled her out and examined the wound, a razor slice. Although it bled a lot, it wasn't too bad. After about twenty minutes of my drama queen girl weeping and wailing, lots of applied pressure and about eight bandaids later we finally got the blood to stop, and true to kaiya form she milked it for the rest of the night, "mommy I can't put my pajamas on because of my finger, can you do it for me?" That went on all night. Mind you I had reminded kaiya many times prior to this, that we don't touch razors because they will hurt us really bad and make us bleed, and of course she still had to touch it.
Fast forward to the next night, I put her in the shower, I stick around cleaning up and listening to her made up songs that she sings at the top of her lungs ( I lovvvee them!) and chuckling to myself. Then she starts singing at the top of her lungs about the razor, it goes something like this:
"Its so pretty and shiney and I know I'm not supposed to, but when I see it all I want to do is touch it (short pause)......I'll just touch the bottom! I pull the curtain open just in time to see her pointing her finger to touch the end shiney part of the razor! Aftee all the drama and cutting her finger once already, she still just has to touch it, even when she knows what is going to happen. Her reasoning? I'll just touch the bottom!
haha that girl makes me laugh and Im terrified for her teenage years! But I sure do love her, and her one of a kind, unique self!

10 comments:

Susan said...

She is hilarious!! Only Kaiya... lol :) Its just not the same here without her running around!

leslie jo said...

That is hilarious! I didn't know you were back to UT? How you liking it? I will missing being jealous of all your beach outings but glad you are home! MAYBE we will run into each other some day.

Stephanie said...

nice to see a post from you friend! love you!

Kim's just sayin' said...

I....MISS...THAT....GIRL!!!!!

betsy said...

what a funny story! i love little kids reasoning.
hope you are well. miss seeing your face :)

liko said...

oh my gosh. i think i did that when i was younger, knew i wasn't supposed to play with or touch one but i coudn't resist. and i did cut some skin off my finger.
what's up with that??
miss you guys.

Jana and Rob said...

That is hilarious!

Tane and Angela said...

oh my gosh! you're in Utah?!!! obviously i'm out of it already! that's such a cute post!! girls are always girls...experimenting with our razors and makeup! lol

Rhitzclan said...

Sounds like another little girl I know... :) Missing you guys!

Anonymous said...

hahaha. I love that she made up a song! good job recording that, she will die reading this when she is older! We need to hang out. what is life like these days? i am watching natalies kids today and tomorrow, but always wide open. give me a call :0).