We just bought a"new" home built in 1943. We love it. Here is the front:
It has this cool carriage silhouette (I bet you've never seen a house with that on it before!?!)
And a very cool old wooden door that I can't wait to paint. love the handle too.
The inside of the living room and kitchen is all wooden paneling. It's in the process of being painted creamy white.

They love to look out the window that happens to be just the right size for the little guy.
Notice the nasty carpet? It was urine stained (for reals) and smoky smelling. But look what we found underneath:

LOVE the old fixtures: 
And these glass knobs: 
The room on the left is Kaiya's and the room on the left is ours. Her closet has lots of mirrors on it:
She loves to dance and sing in front of it... It should keep her busy for hours!
Here's the kitchen. I have big plans for it, that involve lots of paint, can't wait! We took the box light fixture off the ceiling:
The fence holds all of these guys in:
A beautiful spruce that houses many little birdies that sing to us:
An apple tree with a thousand tiny little apples that will feed us well this summer and fall:
snowball flowers (I adore these)
Currently the rose bushes are all a bloom. There are at least five around the outside of the house, so when we walk up to it it smells so so good.
We have been really blessed to find such a decent house with such a tiny budget (ended up being less than 95,000) , it has a lot of work to do and it's so fun to plan and scheme. I can't wait to show the after pictures! It will be lots fun.
15 comments:
WOW! THat is so so so cool! Ahhh home ownership, such a dream! I am excited for you guys and all the fun projects you get to do now! And all the real life vintage details are so awesome! LOVE. Congrats!
shut up you bought a house! THAT IS SO EXCITING! Its adorable too. I can't wait to see what you do to it. This must make pinterest a whole lot more fun knowing it can actually happen!!!!
i just died when i saw the price - oh the amount of house and yard you can get on the mainland compared to here!!!
i absolutely love old houses, the authentic vintage details are adorable!!! i can't wait to see what you do with it, melissa!! and the apple tree and flowers, what a dream! i long for this!! are you all in st. george still? you scored!!
oh, and that hardwood floor is to die for!!
Congratulations! What a beautiful home with great character, I love that door and the hardwood, what a great find! Excited to see your projects.
WHITE KITCHEN here you come! i LOVE those cabinets! The house is DARLING! what a steal! :> I can't wait to see what you do with the place!!!!
So happy to see some photos! xoxox LOVE YOU! CONGRATS! You guys deserve it! ANd you LUCKED OUT on having hard wood under there!!!!
SUch a beautiful Home! AND adorable kids!! Can't wait to see what all your going to do with the place, although it's already perfect!
How cool! Congrats on the house! I love a house that has character! I can't wait to see pictures to come!
I love it! I can't wait to see the after pictures! There's great potential for a crafty one like you!
Congratulations!!!! A house!!!!! I can't wait to see all the little things you have planned for your home!!!
Thats exciting! Where is it? we still need to catch up its been way too long!
Oh my goodness Melissa! What a beautiful place you guys found. I am so happy for you all. I will have to come visit when I'm in town this Sept for my brothers wedding! You are going to make that place look awesome. I wish I was there to help you paint a wall or two. Or run around with the kids while you get some work done. Where is it at?
Yay! so so fun! I too am SO EXCITED to see the end result, I know you are going to make it look AMAZING! Congrats, good find. I would not mind taking some kids off your hands while you work on it:)
congrats! that is so exciting!!!! wow. a whole house to do whatever you want with it. wow. i am jeals.
oh I love all the old wood floors they have in the older homes! I can't wait to see how interesting and beautiful you make it - since you're moved in I wanna see more pictures!!!
Post a Comment