When Noah was younger I got that question all the time.
Sometimes someone will say "Oh your little girl is so cute!" And I just say "Thanks" with a smile, and keep walking. It's really not worth my breath to explain to a complete stranger that my child is a boy and not a girl. They probably don't care anyways.
One time I was in the thrift store sifting through the ties. Noah was standing next to me pulling every single tie off of the rack and onto the floor, laughing hysterically. I'd pick them up and he'd pull them back off again and on to the floor. Right next to me was an employee putting a shirt away. She was watching us for a while (i thought she was going to yell at us), then said your little girl is so beautiful. To which I looked up and smiled (thinking "really!?").
Then I quickly grabbed a tie from hitting the floor again and said "Noah! Stop it, you little stinker!" (I was laughing so it wasn't as mean as it sounds). At that he looked at me, with his heart melting smile, and grabbed another tie to pull down (eying me the whole time) then he threw it on the ground. He thinks he is so funny.
She looked at me for a minute and then looked at Noah and said: "Nope, I didn't even notice his hair. it's not the hair. It's.... his face!"
hahahahaha did she really just say that---"his face" !!
I just gave this lady an out, which she completely ignored, and chose to go with his face (!) as his most girly feature!? Thanks lady.
I started laughing pretty hard because let's just face the facts: Who says that!? And with a straight face none the less. She went on to say that he has really beautiful almond shaped eyes, and big red lips...and that is what makes him look like a girl.
I personally think he's a lucky boy and when he gets older, his almond shaped eyes and big red lips are exactly what the ladies will love that about him. Just like it's what I love about his dad.
Recently we took him to get his first haircut (because it was in his eyes), it's totally adorable, but the bangs didn't help his cause of looking less like a girl and more like a boy.
I would have done it myself, but I can only buzz hair and I like his hair longer (it's cute! I am not ready for him to grow up), and secondly the kid never stops moving (unless he is sick). So we took him to the place that has airplanes and trucks to sit in (he was super excited to sit in an airplane...he sat perfectly still) and the lady gave him a haircut...
| His hair before the cut |
When she started combing his hair, he just watched her, sitting very still
with this look on his face:
I'm pretty sure he was a big fan of the combing
And the cutting for that matter.
He sat really still during the whole thing. He was really curious about what she was doing to him, so he watched her perplexed the whole time. When he was done she blow dried it, and gave him a balloon with a sucker on the end, and he ran as fast as he could over to the slide. He was as happy as can be.
the back is cute:
bangs? a little too blunt.
But over all a nice clean looking hair do, and a lot less girly.
4 comments:
looks like Noah and Krew have very similar hair. I do not like Krew's hair short either so we always wait FOREVER before we cut it. TOday Krew got a hair cut and I realized you have to tell them to layer it so it is not such a blunt cut. I think the front is always the hardest. But they do look so cute right after a cute. Noah is so HANDSOME:) and yes, he will be a lady's man when he is older, the eyes and the lips. But seriously he does not look like a girl right now. I do not know what people are thinking sometimes?
well he is super adorable!! people are so retarded. i have had people ask if addison was a girl and she was wrapped in a hot pink blanket with a headband in her hair!
you are right, girls will love those features when he is older!
Ahh! He looks like his daddy, and he will always look like a boy to me! and whats most important is that his relatives like his nana, know that he is a boy and acts like a boy!! Love you Noah, you cute thing.
what a CRAZY lady! I can't believe some of the things that people say.
And he looks great, very boyish. :)'
And I'm keeping an eye out for that white dress.
Lindsay
Post a Comment