Shabby Apple is holding a design contest. I just found out about this contest 20 minutes ago. I quickly thought about my design, drew it up and went to post it, just to realize the contest ended at midnight eastern standard time not midnight mountain standard time. oops. Oh well, I'm going to post it anyways.
It's a 1940's design theme. I got my idea from looking at 1940's dress images. I love easy wearing, comfortable classic dresses that make a statement. I think the simple but unique design and the vintage fabric bring in these elements. I also love high waisted and belted dresses, it's one of my favorite looks. My fabric inspiration is this amazing vintage plum and dark blue knit I found at a thrift store (the purple is a totally different color than it shows up here).
I would love to wear this dress. Hey maybe I'll make it for myself!

1 comment:
I love it too. :)
And you!
Post a Comment