Wednesday, August 21, 2013

driving through a tree and baby frogs

Have you ever driven through a giant redwood tree? This looks like a giant plastic tree to me, but I can assure you it is real. Driving through a tree is definitely worth if you ever get the chance, even if you are afraid your car is about to be stuck. I think we barely made it through there without losing our side mirrors.
I remember driving through a tree when I was a kid, I was excited when we found this fun pitstop. I am glad my kids got to do it too.










We got out of the car to stretch our legs after driving through the redwood tree and found this beautiful place:



Chad and I were on a bench out here changing Ben when we heard a noise. We thought it was  a moose our something. It was so loud




After closer investigation of the noise, we discovered there were bullfrogs in the pond. lots of them. Ben was happy to be down and playing, he kept trying to grab the thistles.



As we were standing there observing the frogs I kept feeling something pelting my legs. I looked down once or twice but didn't see anything. Finally I saw these tiny little guys:


There were so many of them that I was afraid to walk because I didn't want to squish them. I mean there were

hundreds of them.


So of course we had to catch them for a while.


Noah and Chad even got in the swamp...the one that said "No Swimming"
Noah was WET and DIRTY and SLIMY and very HAPPY, he's a wild man. 
This was such a picturesque place, I just couldn't believe were were lucky enough to find such a magical place. I mean driving through giant trees, finding a pond surrounded by beautiful trees with their trips in the fog, bullfrogs and baby bullfrog catching...it doesn't get much better than that. What a beautiful world we live in. 

here's a few of the giant tree we drove through from the side:
And lets throw in the turkeys that were hanging out on the side of the road for good measure....see magical place.







No comments: