Monday, June 16, 2008

Mustard and Ketchup



first, Happy Father's day to all the awesome dad's in my life. I love you all and am grateful to have each of you. Chad your the best and Kaiya and I are blessed to have you...seriously i mean it :)

second, i made Korean food for the first time tonight as a surprise for chad. it was good to him and our korean friend hyun su--thats all that matters. do you want to know the first step in the dish? cut off sardine heads pull out their bones and tear-yes tear them up, then boil them in water. so my house was pretty stinky, shanae if you smelled anything weird coming out of our house that was it. sorry :)

thirdly, when i made my dress last week i had almost a yard of fabric left, and i wanted to do something with it so it wouldn't sit there for another six months. i decided to make kaiya a skirt and was pleasantly surprised by how it turned out and proud that i did it without a pattern. So in true motherly fashion i made kaiya wear a skirt that matched my dress to church today. i promised myself i would never do that to my kids, its just cheesy. but i did it and i liked it.

that was our day and those are our dresses. thats about it.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy cow! I love those outfits! Where did you get the pattern for your dress? It is very cute! I like that you are matching, what did Kaiya think of it?

lizzie said...

Love the dresses. You are becoming quite the seamstress. And funny that you made Korean for Chad . . . I made Japanese for Micah last night.

Melissa said...

mara--i just got it at walmart. kaiya was indifferent to the fact that we matched.

lizzie-how was the japanese?

Anonymous said...

Melissa way to go!!! You are getting to be little Ms. Susie Homemaker!! Good for you!!! I wish I was good at that stuff my Mom is amazing at sewing but never picked it up Darn it!!! Maybe some day!!! But good job!! They look so good!!! Kaiya is so Beautiful! She must take after her Mom!!! But she must really have taken after her very handsome Uncle that is all I am saying I guess good genes run in the family! I hope our children get you all's genes!! Well talk to you later!! Try to come to Spain and visit!!!

Koren Crosby said...

WOW that looks great, Way to go, you are becoming such a good seamstress. Its fun to create!
Your hair is getting longer, looks cute.

Koren Crosby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

i feel the same way about matching dresses with your kids, but hello yours was soooo cute and her skirt was to die for! you should make clothes and sell them on etsy.com

stef j. said...

love it! all that was missing was chad's matching tie :)

Shanae said...

LOL, you are funny, my mom made me and my sister and her match all the time, she liked it too. You pulled it off in true fashion. You are amazing and crafty and I am not, I am lucky you are my neighbor, and just so you know, I didn't smell anything:)

Atwood Ohana said...

Kaiya looks like a little hawaiian girl. and you look fabulous my friend! I love the matching material. You seriously have such a beautiful family! I miss Hawaii. Enjoy every second there now for all of us who had to leave.
love ya,
Heather

AJones said...

Oh my gosh there is no way your little baby is that old! Crazy! I can't bellieve how fast time goes! Glad I gfound your blog!
Happy July 4th