Thursday, November 06, 2008

more often than not

I find myself boiling over with unspoken thoughts and ideas quite often. Maybe it's a topic I feel too passionate about. Things that I can't talk about the way I want to, without offending someone (something i DONT want to do). It's hard to write on a blog about things that you really care about, without being able to have an actual conversation about it. It usually ends up with misunderstanding and some sort of drama to ensue. So more often than not I don't talk about it at all. Or I talk to Chad about it. Sometimes he gets my passion and sometimes he really doesn't, but he's usually willing to listen.

Last night I was boiling over once again and a thought came to me. I can be heard, my brain can be emptied and I can feel like my thoughts are being shared. All I have to do is write it all down. Then at least it's not bottled up inside. So I did and I felt a lot better.

But this is my blog, this is a place where I write what I feel like, and show pictures of what I want to. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people complain about what other people write on their blogs. If you don't like it DON"T READ IT!!! It's really simple. Nobody's holding a gun to your head. Write about what you want on your blog and I'll write what I want to on mine and everyone can be happy.

I may write a post about one of my passionate ideas someday and when I do I don't want anyone to
a) be offended or think it's directed at them in anyway (cause it's not)
or b) feel like they have some sort of say about what I write on my blog.

That being said, I love all my blogging friends and family don't want to offend anyone. And most of you wouldn't be offended and don't really care about what i put on my blog (love you guys!) I'm mostly talking about those "anonymous" comments that people leave on controversial blog posts.
I like a good conversation so if you feel differently and have done your research then comment about it. Don't be mean though, there is plenty of room for well backed opinion and calm conversation on my blog. But I hate a comment written in the heat of the moment, with an opinion that isn't well formed. do me a favor and don't comment.

This post could be pointless because who knows if i'll ever write my boiling ideas down here. But I think I probably will one of these days and if I do these are the ground rules. And actually this has been on my mind too so...phew got that off my chest.

and in all seriousness I love to blog and I love and am grateful for those that read it and share the special moments in my life with me. I would be lost without blogger cause I don't and never have scrapbooked. So hopefully this will be around fifty years from now so Kaiya (and any other future children) can read and see all the fun we've had.

11 comments:

liko said...

do it, melissa, vent it out. come one, i wanna read it! without judgement.

Jennelle said...

so true! One of my friends got a bunch of nasty remarks once just because of a comment she made. What is up with that? Your blog ment to be like a journal and it's suppposed to be fun. So people should not give you crap for an opinion you have. Like you said if you don't like it, dont read it! I say you should say what you want to say =o)and others should leave there contentious comments to themselves.

Stephanie said...

oh i am just itching to hear what you have to say!!! what are your passionate opinions that some may or may not agree with? i shy away from sharing mine- in fact i was even nervous to put up that i voted for obama since so many bloggers are mormon and not only mormon, but strong republican mormons who were very disappointed he won (most of my immediate and extended family...etc.)

so, anyway, share away and maybe you'll inspire others... and for a while you could also not allow annonymous comments... that'll show 'em! :)

oh, and i really need to thank you and the others for offering to take ambrose. i think we will be ok. i would feel bad shipping him off and forcing him upon others, but the offer is so greatly appreciated!

echo said...

i completely agree. i wrote a post a while back that i didn't even think could be taken the way that a few of the commenters took it. i got two or three very mean comments back some anonymous some from blog stalkers just cause they didn't agree. it got me so mad for like two days and i admit that because of that i now stay away from posting some of my true feelings.
marc told me not to worry about it, ya know, my blog my feelings, but i still am a little scared to bring up some subjects. i am all up for hearing a different opinion but there is no need to for people to be rude.
so yeah, i totally agree with you. post what you wanna post!
sorry for the mini rant.

Melissa said...

I think a small part of the reason I posted this is because I voted for Obama too and so many people I know strongly oppose him and his "socialism" (blech!). They think that I must have voted for him, because I'm not as smart as they are and I don't know as much. That really bothers me. Can I not just have a different opinion and still be smart and well educated?

also I want to take the little man and have him play over here. There are so many kids I'm sure he have fun. I'm texting you at this very moment.

The Waldon Family said...

Yay for passionate blogs! I agree with you about being able to write what you feel; I've argued with Aaron over the same thing many times. You are brave!!

You probably already knew this but just in case you didn't, there are now many online companies that will print your blog out into a journal format (so you don't have to cross your fingers wondering if blogspot is going to be around). Just google "print my blog" and there's a whole list.

I love your blog!!

ashley said...

do it. vent. it feels good. who cares what others think? if they don't like, they don't have to read.

that being said, i feel the same way, i hold back some things cause i know that there is a wide variety of readers out there an i don't want to offend, i am trying to let myself open up on my blog, but sometimes it's hard to do!

liko said...

people who are getting offended are choosing to be offended. and all you rude commentors -- we don't care what you have to type and you are taking yourselves way too seriously (i was gonna write for them to piss-off, but chose to put it more politely). as for the religion and politics thing - my husband has this habit of assuming that us "mormons" always vote republican. not true. me and him and my parents (i think) voted obama. remember: politics is totally separate from religion. free agency, remember?

politics just has a way of bringing out the best in people, dontcha agree?

Anonymous said...

I say you go ahead and vent all u like on here girl..keeping it in aint healthy for ya..
and like you said..if u dont like it, dont read it. It's ur blog, ur space..just do and say whatever u please..

diana palmer said...

i wish we would have had more conversations in person. is it just my memory that feels like we were both quiet around each other. i regret that.

thanks for this post. i liked the insight into the way you think and just how passionate you are.

Anonymous said...

Moo You know how I feel about you voting for Obama. You are a smart well educated women and a loving and caring mom and you voted for who you thought was best and for good reasons. Enough said.
Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog. So I say blog on smart daughter blog on
LOVE YOU