I like reading posts from people who are great writers, even when they don't have pictures. However I am not one of those people, I rely on pictures to tell my story. but my camera has problems (I don't even know what!) and it's time for a new post, so I'm writing a blog post without pictures. I have a lot to share about our adventures as of late.
Today we went to alligator pond, just kaiya and I. When the tide was low, in the morning time.
alligator pond+ a beautiful sunny day+a two year old who thinks she is Nemo=heaven. Just picture the blue skies and the warm pools, lots of places to explore AND noone else was there but us!
Kaiya is not a fan of putting her head under the water at the beach, but since today she was a fish she HAD to do it. She was so excited, and kept putting her head under water over and over again. Then she'd look up at me with big, gleaming eyes full of pride and would wait for me to say "good job!" (with extra excitement). Then she'd push her face under the water again. I was so proud of her. But I was not her mom I was Ariel. the mermaid. and I lived in Kaiya's kingdom.
We also explored the "alligator" (long bumpy rocks with shallow pools all through it) which is probably one of her favorite things about going to alligator pond. We saw a very fast, black crab, and some fish swimming around in there. No matter how hard we tried we just couldn't catch them. But we had fun trying, and I'm glad we didn't catch the crab!
Then we swam around some more and left to go to the grocery store, kaiya all bundled up in her huge towel. She sat still and was so patient while I shopped. I think the beach wore her out!
On Saturday we went to v-land after the farmer's market in sunset. Kaiya and I again. We played in the shallow water, dug holes in the sand and waited for the waves to come fill them. That was fun too, relaxing and fun.
On Friday I finally went surfing again with our friends shaun, lyndsey and ryan. We (chad and i) shared a board. Chad went out first, and I watched kaiya up by the hot tub at turtle bay, and then we switched.
I can't believe I've been so afraid to go out there and surf for so long. My biggest fear was making a fool out of myself, which I did, so I have nothing to be afraid of anymore. I kept trying to catch waves and I caught a few, but for the most part I would try and then eat it, or do something else equally embarrassing. haha! Apparently, all the drunk guys in the hot tub were entertained by how awesome I am at surfing though, according to my husband. haha! But I loved it, the waves weren't huge and scary just nice and mellow, the sun was setting, the sky was changing color and I was on a surf board. It was perfect.
I'm pretty sure my heaven is Hawaii, in the spring time (or summer), at the beach, with the ones I love.
i. live. in. heaven. i am so lucky!
8 comments:
yay! i wanna surf again, too. i have been telling my husband i've been longing to do it again. let's surf! sounds like you and kaiya have been having some fun times. and i love it when they get all tuckered out from the beach. hehe.
That sounds like soo much fun and soo relaxing. Your day with Kaiya sounds incredibly fun. What a fun mom you are and you do live in heaven I can't agree more.
I think you are a wonderful writer!
I could picture it perfectly in my mind!! You alligator pond excursion truly sounded heavenly!!!
We really do live in heaven don't we?
Your post makes me want to get on the next plane to Hawaii...its sounds so beautiful!
whatever my friend, your a great writer. i love the spring there too! fun waves, mellow nice days- it's the best! and you and kaiya are living it up, so good to hear!
oh, and when i get back i hope your all done with school so we can go surfing. i told steph robertson that you and i would take her!
oh im right there with you (well, not on the surfing - although i WISH!) but Hawaii is just so so beautiful, peaceful, accepting and lovely. i feel at home here and there are so many great people here too like you.
i am glad you have been having such a nice time- you deserve it.
If there is anything that could make me miss Hawaii even more than I already do...that was it. The spring an summer is the best! sigh!
hehe, i think we all have a sewing problem. but hey, it could be worse. and yes, ashley's post about finding vintage sheets came to mind when you were telling me about that girl's sheet you were eyeing. hehe. sheets are where it's at! cute, vintage ones. cheaper than lots of fabric, too. and when are we gonna go blow some money at kaimuki dry goods???
Post a Comment