Friday, July 24, 2009

lazy days of summer

beach days galore, perfect low tide:








the skills of an almost three year old:

even when it's raining we head to the beach, it felt sooo good to wash off the humidity!:

does she look like me? not really, but kinda.
does she look like her dad? um yes!
this is how i pose to take a picture of the dress I just made, and wore to church:

but after unsolicited, unceasing advice from my stylist (chad) I pose like this:rawrr! watch out!

and then I get a lecture the entire walk up the stairs about how I need to pose more fun and cutsie like! haha really!? I guess I'll work on that! lol!

the waist and my buttons (which I love--my gma found them).

and kaiya's birthday is coming up so I tried to get her presents together before student teaching starts. I just finished up this dress, if you know my child, you know she LOVES a good, girly dress.
Thanks to Joann's I got a bajillion simplicity patterns for a dollar each! Actually thanks to my lovely gma, whom I miss dearly, who bought them all for me. I got a lifetime supply of super cute patterns now!
and I'm not even kidding when I say that we saved $348.13 that day at Joann's, it even said so on the reciept.

we also scored a big girl bike for her on craigslist for less than half of what we would have paid for it in the store! yess! It looks like this but purple ( she likes princesses OK!? don't judge me for indulging her). It also came with that little bag, a helmet and knee pads. The best part is that everything looks BRAND NEW!

and we got her Mad Bbout Madeline, which features each of the madeline books, in one big book. for 6 bucks from half.com, on amazon it's 25 bucks.

I love myself a good deal!

i can't wait till her birthday to give them all to her!

my carefree, fun-filled days are coming to an end next week, when I start school again. Kaiya is joining the ranks and headed to "preschool" (it's really daycare though). She is excited, I am nervous/excited . It will be great, I can feel it.

14 comments:

liko said...

you freakin' rock melissa. seriously. um, i love everything you made!!! and that dress it sweet!!!

liko said...

and when's her birthday?

Shanae said...

the dress for Kaiya looks AMAZING!! LOVE IT, LOVE the flowers, you did a FABULOUS JOB!!!

Shanae said...

Your pink one is AMAZING too, of course, you can tell Chad I like your posing :)

Baker Family said...

Hey I love both of those dresses!!! We need to hang out soon!!!

Stephanie said...

good gravy- i came back to this just to look on a bigger screen and tell you BRAVO!!!!! seriously, you make me want to get out my sewing machine right this minute! maybe i will.... see ya later! :)

echo said...

i am so in love with that dress you made for you!! seriously, you rock.
could i borrow the pattern??

Matti said...

rawrr.... ;-) Good luck with school. You will do so well!

Anonymous said...

that is so good! now i am so excited for my carefree days to begin in a few weeks when school goes back in...im done working. and hopefully i will have time to sew again. i love it so dearly.it looks like kaiya is going to have a wonderful birthday!

Kim's just sayin' said...

love the dress (and the pose- sexy mama!) so cute.

ashley said...

ok, your amazing! i want to sew a dress for myself so bad! someday...

please join the good sunshine photo pool and post more pics of all the fun stuff you have been working on!

and i miss those hellp kitty floaties, just seeing them in the pictures made me miss you guys!

Melissa said...

ashley--I am afraid the hello kitty floaties will no longer be with us. one of them has finally popped!

they had a good run though haha! :)

Koren Crosby said...

Great job on the dresses!!
We have been going crazy with all the fun little things we have been collecting for Kaiyas birthday. We will send them soon. along with your birthday stuff too.

Noelle said...

I'm super late in responding to this post but I LOVE all of your sewing projects. And your poses are awesome! Hahaha! Wish we were able to swim off the heat with you guys!