Saturday, August 29, 2009

can't a parent brag!? I think so!

and I'm gonna haha!
First, here are first day school pictures:
rolling her eyes at me


Kaiya is doing really well in preschool! Let me start at the beginning

She has had A LOT of transitions lately, I will make you a list (haha--you don't HAVE to read it):

1: Me being gone all day from about 7-4. So, she started being with her dad all day long. alone. Not a huge deal, but still a change from the norm and a change in routine from what she does during the day when she is with me.

2: Starting preschool before she was used to me being gone all day, being in a LARGE group of kids without her mom, dad, friend's, or aunties for a long time. We started with just going from about 7:30 - 11:30 (when I leave to go to school in the morning, until right before they lay down for naps) FOUR HOURS!!! AHHH that stresses me out. I wish it were only 2-3 hours a day. That would make me feel so much better ( and her too I am sure).

If I had the choice I wouldn't start her in preschool until she's four, let alone an all day daycare type setting. She just turned three and it still makes me upset that I have to leave her all day, but I keep telling myself that it's only for a couple more months. I just give her lots of attention when I am around and hope and pray for the best.

They would drop me off at school, and her dad would stay with her for a few minutes every morning while she showed him around, then when she was ready for him to leave, she would say "you can go now daddy". What a good dad!

3: After a few weeks we started having her go ALL DAY, this last week. Chad is getting ready to start school, and we want to get her used to it before Chad can't come pick her up anymore because of classes.
All. day.
just imagine what I am thinking about all day. I say prayer after prayer that she will be happy, and know that I love her. I hate to leave her and I don't think I would, if she wasn't doing well enough for me to know that she is okay. Plus I pray for peace too and it helps me know that every thing is going to work out okay, we just have to push through these next couple of months.
So all day means we leave the house at 7 I take her to school and sit with her for a little bit and do puzzles and play with babies, then I leave and head over to school. When I am done at the school, I go pick her up at about 4. I am going to go get her by 3:30 from now on though because four is too late for her. She gets worried and asks about me a lot.

So, back to the bragging. :)

She has gone through A LOT these past few weeks, but she is getting used to things and she is doing really well.

We started a sticker chart to keep her from saying, everynight when we get home, " do I have to go to school tomorrow? I want to stay home with you" ten times an hour with the trembling lip ( breaks my heart), and to make sure she doesn't cry at school.

The sticker chart fills up fast and it makes her happy to see her accomplishments, and she alwasy says, " I had so much fun at school today and I didn't cry at all!!" She gets really excited and tells me all the things she did at school. She even made me a necklace with foamies, and couldn't wait to give it to me.

The teachers keep telling us how smart she is, that her language skills are amazing and that she is really good at verbally expressing her self and speaking with others. They also said they couldn't believe how mature she is, and that even though she just turned three they might be going to move her up a class (four year old's) when the switch time comes around. I don't know If I want them to do that, she IS only just three but...we shall see. Chad has been the one to interact with them most of the time, but now it will be me since I am dropping her off. Last time one of her aunties made sure to tell me that Kaiya is exceptionally well taken care of there, because ALL the aunties in ALL the classes have gotten to know her. That helps me feel better about leaving her.

I am proud of her, life has been a little bit harder for her lately, but she is still hanging in there and making me proud to be her mom. I love her so much and just hope and pray that she will be happy and have fun all day!

p.s. They have some really cute pictures of her up in the room, so I will have to take some pictures and post them.

No comments: