Wednesday, September 02, 2009

all done up!

Kaiya asked me to straighten her hair one day and this is what is looked like:

She was so excited and had to show all of her friends immediately. They all got excited and wanted it done too! I think Shanae put pictures on her blog a while back, all the curly haired girls look so different with straight hair!

Then one time when we went to Sephora, she really wanted to put make-up on. It's free and there are so many colorful choices, she was so excited! We put on a little mascara, lip gloss and eye shadow. She loves that store, more than she should. The nail polish selection was like her very own version of heaven. she loved it!


14 comments:

Stephanie said...

hahaha- im loving all these curly girls going straight! but they look the best in their natural "boing!" so so cute! and the makeup faces are awesome!

Trevor and Lauren said...

T R O U B L E!!! Haha that is so cute! Kaiya is a doll! Happy late birthday to you and little Kaiya!

.Ang. said...

She looks utterly thrilled! :)

Why do they have to grow up so fast?!?!

Noelle said...

That mascara really makes her eyes pop! She is so cute she doesn't need make up but it's OH so fun huh?!?!

echo said...

she looks so grown up with straight hair. so cute.
how funny that we both posted about this. hehe

Atwood Ohana said...

Melissa! You are such a beautiful person inside and out! I just read your post about the pondering moment you had on your responsibility as a mother. You have really touched my heart. I loved that post. And thanks so much for sharing that talk with us. You seem to be the SUPER MOM we all wish we could be. I am so impressed with your dedication to your family. It's inspiring! So please don't ever feel like you are inadequate. But I do feel the same way about myself a lot! You are not alone...none of us are! what a great thought! Thanks again for that. OH...and your little girl is so so so pretty! She has these eyes that speak to you! what a little heart breaker! okay...this is super long. But just wanted to let you know I think you're pretty neat!

Melissa said...

Heather hi!!

your profile is private and I don't have your blog address! Let me know what it is so I can check it out!

thanks for the sweet comment, it really made my day! :)

Josh and Tara said...

WOW!!! She looks so much older with straight hair! Such a cute girl...boys watch out for this beauty!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Funny how young they start. My girls beg me all the time to straighten their hair. They LOVE IT!!! Kaiya looks so cute!!!

Stephanie said...

ok i came back to this cuz i miss you and your posts and i laughed and laughed at how awesome kaiya is! i LOVE her facial expressions- always have! she's the bomb.

Stephanie said...

oh yeah and i want to make kai a kerchief or two now that i have my trusty fold over elastic so could you please measure the circumference of her head for me? gracias!

ashley said...

love her. she is so cute. the straight hair is so different looking! and happy late birthday! looks like it was a blast!

so am i playing major blog reading right now, but i really just wish i could be hanging out with you watching project runway this week!

and your a great mom, loved your previous post- true, true.

Erin said...

a true girl! Sephora makes me feel like her bottom picture too! Oh my gosh, she looks so grown up with her hair straightened! Seriously, she looks a lot older! but i looooove her curly hair sooo much!

Hillaryous said...

Where have I been?! I looove these pictures! Her hair is sooo long! I LOVE IT! But who can resist those curls?! NOT I! She looks so beautiful both ways! Make up?! LOVELY! I would LOVE to play dress up with her! ;> MAKE UP! She is gorgeous.

lyrics...

She got it from her mama!