And here is my story...
Kaiya was done with trick or treating after about 45 minutes. She was dead set on going home. Once we got about a block away from our house, she said:
"when I get home I am going to throw all of my Halloween candy in the trash!"
"okay if that is what you want to do" I told her, thinking she was all talk and would never actually do that.
We get upstairs and again she tells us that she wants to throw away all her candy. So I ask her why and she says:
"Because it will make me fat, and I don't want to get fat. Now I want to throw it away!"
So i told her to dump in a small grocery bag first and then she could put it in the trash (thinking Chad and I would get it out while she slept and take all the good stuff). So that is exactly what she did. She dumped it all in the sack and I held it, I tied it up and she threw it in the trash.
Then I put her to bed, and she didn't complain or change her mind once. So crazy and nothing like me when I was a kid! I cherished my Halloween candy and horded it. Needless to say, I was in shock!However Chad and I (mostly chad) enjoyed ourselves some good Halloween candy that night.
And to catch us up on holidays, this is Kaiya at her school Thanksgiving brunch. Everybody brought something to share and all the parents went to school to eat lunch with their kids.
This is her "Indian" hat she made.
4 comments:
oh no! body-conscious already!
cute little kaiya.
did she ever bring the candy up again??? that is crazy. but nice for you. we ate plenty of ambrose's candy and he never noticed. :)
I love that story! I was begging my kids to throw it in the trash. I had to wait a week and a half before having them throw theirs out. Nice!
oh my gosh! that story is crazy! I love that last picture of her, she looks so much like you, i love it.
Post a Comment