
But Chad and I are a fully convinced that brothers are a good thing. We couldn't be more excited! This is his alien face looking at us, with his hands up by his face.
During the ultrasound, the first time the doctor noticed that it was a boy and announced it, Kaiya said no it's not, it's a sister. In her mind that was that and since she said it, it made it so.
She has been saying that she has a brother for weeks now, and told lots of people that I have a boy in my tummy. But I guess she wasn't ready to accept it as fact.
But it definitely is a boy, as you can see:
When we went to Dr. Lyon's for our ultrasound with Kaiya he was only 85% sure that it was a girl. But with this one, he said he was 100% sure. As soon as the pitcure of that area was on the screen, I was sure too. He hadn't even said anything yet, but it was just obvious! :)
and I was 99% sure that it was a boy before the ultrasound because of this, and also just that I was pretty sure it was a boy, I don't know why because I had no clue with Kaiya.
The baby was laying face down almost the whole time. This is the side of his body.
After Kaiya's nap we went to town and she made up a whole song about how the Doctor told her that she was going to have a brother, but " I don't want a brother, I want a sister!!" (all in a sing songy voice)
Then she told me that when her brother gets here she is going to spank him because she wants a sister. Uh Oh.
I told her that her brother can hear her and it hurts his feelings that she is saying those things. He is really excited to come meet her. I told her that I thought I could hear him saying that he loves her, that he wants her to hold him and take care of him, and he can't wait to play with her.
She said: "really? Does he love me? I want to hold him and wrap him in a blanket and change his diapers, and make him laugh". Then she made silly noise and asked me if he was laughing. I said "I don't know", she said "put your hand on your belly and check". So I did and told her that he was giggling. She loved that and then kept making silly noises, to get her brother "giggling". Then I asked her if she wanted to help me pick out some clothes for the baby and she was sold.
So now she is pretty excited that she is getting a brother! And so are we.
little boy Crosby on his way on the first of June!
25 comments:
I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER EITHER, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! Keeping the Hawaiian Girl Boy tradition alive :)
I GUESS I MEAN THE TVA HAWAIIAN TRADITION.
Congratulations!! That is very exciting!!
Congrats! That is so exciting. I'm sure Kaiya will come around soon enough. Boys are the best. :)
congrats that is so exciting... yay we are excited..
Oh my gosh Melissa!! I had no idea! We are so happy for you guys!
Congratulations Chad and Melissa. Kaiya is too cute!!
congratulations!!! boys are so so fun. once kaiya is holding him she wont even remember that she wanted a sister.
boys are awesome.
CONGRATS!! You guys and keeping your pregnancies a secret soooo long!
yayyayyay!!! congratulations!!! she'll just be so happy when he arrives, she'll be a great big sister!!! so happy for you guys!
YAY!! Congratulations Crosby Family! We are SO excited for you! Kaiya is going to be such a good older sister. Really, congratulations!
congrats!
i knew it!!! ok, how could i have known it? but i knew it!!! haha
i am about TTTTHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS thrilled for you and more. i would have been thrilled with a girl too, but just so excited in general.
hooray!
congratulations! kaiya will be a great big sister! although my girl and boy are only a minute apart, liahona has taken the "big sister" role and already is such a help. i'm sure kaiya will be too! we love and miss you guys!
Congrats.. you hit the lottery one of each!! Kaiya will be a great big sister.
ya hoo!! luke needs a boy cousin...all these girls!
Wonderful news! Congrats to you all. Little boys are lots of fun.
Congrats!!! im excited for you guys too! YEAH!! I was wondering when another cute crosby would be coming! Im so happy for you guys! maybe our babies can date! hahah!
Yeah congratulations!!!!
whoa!!! totally haven't been on blog for a while...congratulations!!!! so excited for you guys and a boy?!!! how fun! i'm soo happy for you guys especially for getting certified! what a relief huh? well good luck with baby #2!
I'm so excited for you! Congrats!
Congratulations Melissa and Chad. That is wonderful news.
Uncle and Ger
Yeah...........
Max
Another Great Grandson!
Margaret
CONGRATULATIONS to the Crosby Family! I haven't been blogging for a while and was surprised with your post! That's exciting!!!!
Congratulations! That was so funny that she said she's going to spank him. The part of her making him giggle was very sweet.
im soooo thrilled. sorry to miss shanaes tva tradition, i guess i wanted to switch it up a little bit! he is going to be the cutest thing ever! im so excited for you guys!!!
Post a Comment