Chad got to work on a director's computer over there, and he got to meet Bethany and see how they make movies. She is not in the movie, he saw a picture of the girl who is playing her in it. He also was chumming it up with all the behind the scenes people and got to hang out with them all day. He said the rented all the rooms on the second floor of Turtle Bay and have set up their equipment and stuff over there. He also scored us some extra jobs, which I am super excited about, where we will get to meet Carrie Underwood, Dennis Quaid and Helen Hunt--If it all works out.
Kaiya and I went hiking at Maunawili falls with a bunch of friends from our complex and then we all went to Lanikai. It was really fun. Kaiya did really well and hiked a lot. I carried her a bit on the way down and a friend carried her up the never ending staircase (thank goodness!), but other than that she did it on her own. She even swam in the stream. She had a blast.
I didn't take any pictures (but if you look on face book you will see some). So I will leave you with pictures that I have been wanting to post.
I made this dress for Kaiya not last Friday but the one before that. She wore it to church the next Sunday, I really like this fabric. I got it two years ago at Kaimuku Drygoods, but couldn't think of the prefect thing to use it for. Then I got the Frida pattern about 6 months ago, and had to wait till school was over to make it. I plan on making the cute little shirt in the pattern too. The dress I made is view c, I really like the ties under the arm's on this pattern. I also added some vintage lace that I got at a thrift store years ago, I have always loved it and it's unique orangey brown color, but didn't find the perfect use for it until this dress.
This is a shirt I made using some old school knit fabric I got at Saver's a while back. I was just experimenting and I think it turned out pretty good for my first try. I also really wanted a shirt that actually fit my burgeoning belly (as you can see). I will make some adjustments next time, when I use the other oldies knit I got (it's my favorite one). I will wait for that one until my belly is gone.
9 comments:
Oh, I am jealous of your clothes making tallent. So cute! And you are looking ever so adoreable. ;-) I'm excited to come back and hang out with you!
so much to say! i love all the hiking going on! we have been doing a little too- and when you said lighthouse i was like- oh yeah she told me she was gonna do this. i wish i would have gone! and then of course the sewing is off the hook! love the dress and shirt fabrics! that sew u book i showed you talks about making any variation of skirt, shirt (ha! good thing i just caught that i just spelled shirt without an R!), and pants. it looks pretty cool. borrow it if you want. made anything from the one yard wonders yet? i told thomas about the filing cabinet cover and he is never as excited about these things as i think he should be. haha! ok, long comment done.
I love the dress! You are SO SO SO talented.
I love the hiking too. Ah, beautiful Hawaii! Why did we leave? Oh yeah, school and work. If it weren't for those things we would be there hiking and living it up too!
i am loving your sewing!!! and that dress is darling!!
oh, and knits - my favorite! they stretch!! haha!
and we should all do that kahana hike together, maybe just mamas, because that is one of my favorites!! the pool is the best!
maybe one of these days i'll see you around!
cute cute cute!!!! LOVE the dress LOVE the shirt. i really want to copy that shirt and make one for myself.
oh and i found addys sewing machine at savers. vintage. still in its original box! it does have a working needle though so i just make sure i am right next to her when we use it.
hey hiking queen! love it!
and
that
dress
is
amazing.
perfect fabric and lace and you did awesome. we really need to get our sew on together, i need you to help me!!!!!
So cute melissa! I love the dress.
I am so out of the loop here. Somehow I missed the post about you being Preggers! And a boy too! how exciting!. P.S. I wish I was still there so you could give me a sewing lesson. so cute, you are sooooo talented girl!
I really liked Kaiya's dress! I didn't know you were such a seamstress! The hard thing for me is envisioning it, choosing the best fabric, etc. You have a talent for that!
Post a Comment